|ENTRANCE EXAMINATION - PVT
1. Application :
Applications for admission are invited by Advertisement in leading Hindi Daily newspapers. Aspirants for admission have to apply on the prescribed forms which can be obtained from the Office of Registrar on a cash payment of Rs. 1000/- in person or by sending Bank Draft for Rs. 1050/- in the name of Finance Officer, Uttar Pradesh Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya Evam Go-Anusandhan Sansthan, Mathura -281001 (U.P.) payable at Indian Overseas Bank, Veterinary College, Mathura (Code No. 1475) or any branch of Nationalized Bank at Mathura.
While filling the application form, candidate should write his/her and father's/mother's names in capital letters as given on the record of High School/Intermediate Board. Each letter should be filled in one box as shown below :
(i) Name of the student (in block letters) :
K U L B H U S H A N
Father's Name :
S H. B R A J B H U S H A N
Mother's Name :
S M T. S U M A N S H A R M A
Application form duly filled-in should be sent to Controller of Examinations, Uttar Pradesh Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya Evam Go-Anusandhan Sansthan, Mathura - 281001 (U.P.)
The university shall not be responsible for non-receipt or late receipt of the application form due to any reason including loss or delay in postal transit.
All admissions to B.V.Sc. & A.H. programme shall be made strictly on the basis of merit of Entrance Examination (PVT) result cum reservation as per the State/University rules. In the event of concealing any information or providing wrong information, admission will be cancelled. All admissions shall be provisional in the first instance and the Vice-Chancellor reserves the right to cancel admission granted to a candidate without assigning any reason. No person shall be entitled to claim any compensation or concession, if the admission granted is subsequently cancelled.
2. Last date for submission of Application Form :
i. PVT : 20-04-2007
ii. PGET : 30-05-2007
3. Age Limit :
Minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31-12-2007 for B.V.Sc. & A. H. programme. Maximum age limt will be 25 years (relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates). Candidates born after 31-12-1990 or before 31-12-1982 (for OBC/SC/ST/BC 31-12-77) are not eligible. There is no age limit for the candidates seeking admission to P.G. and Ph.D. Programmes.
4. PVT 2007 :
PVT 2007 will be conducted in two phases :
l Preliminary Examination will be conducted in six centres as mentioned at point No. 7
l Those candidates, who qualify in the Preliminary Examination will have to appear in the Main Examination to be conducted at Mathura Only.
5. Schedule of Examination PVT/PGET :
Preliminary Examination 27-05-2007 8.00-11.00 AM
Main Examination 24-06-2007 8.00-11.00 AM
PG Entrance Test (M.V.Sc.) 29-07-2007 10.00-12.00 AM
PG Entrance Test (Ph.D.) 29-07-2007 10.00-11.00 AM
The result of PVT is expected to be announced in first week of July 2007
6. Admit Card :
AAdmission card for Preliminary Examination will be sent to all the eligible applicants by registered post by 10th June 2007. In case, admission card is not received before examination, duplicate admission card can be had from the centre one day earlier from the Centre Superintendent (Internal) by depositing two photographs (attested on the back side) and Rs. 20/- only.
Admission card for Main Examination will be sent to only those candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Examination.
7. Examination Centres for PVT :
BAREILLY, KANPUR, LUCKNOW, MATHURA, MEERUT and VARANASI.
8. Number of seats and minimum eligibility :
The minimum qualifying marks for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. programme shall be 50 per cent for general and OBC categories and 40 per cent marks for SC/ST category candidates in PVT Entrance Examination. This is applicable to all sub-categories except VCI quota.
Detailed information regarding number of seats, eligibility for B.V.Sc. & A.H. and subjects at Master's and Ph.D. levels in Veterinary College is given in Tables 1 & 2.
9. Reservations :
- VCI seats : Of the sanctioned 60 seats, 15% (9) seats are reserved for Veterinary Council of India's nominees.
- Payment seats : 25% of the remaining 51 seats (13) will be filled on payment basis. Candidates seeking admission in the
category of payment seats shall have to appear in the PVT Entrance Examination and qualify the same as per University rules.
Such candidates would be selected amongst the merit list of the Entrance Examination. Reservation policy of the Govt. of U.P. will be applicable for payment seats as well. Payment seats lying vacant, if any, from the reservation quota will be filled from
the general category.
Selected candidates shall have to pay Rs. 2.00 lacs in addition to the other fees applicable at the time of admission in 1st Professional of B.VSc. & A.H. only. For subsequent professionals (II to V) including repeat years in all professionals (from I to Vth). such students shall have to pay Rs. 40.000/- per professional in addition to the other fees/dues applicable.
- Admission of NRls/NRI-sponsored candidates : Over and above the sanctioned 60 seats, 10% of the sanctioned seats i.e. 6
seats are available in this category. The candidates in addition to the normal fee applicable shall have to pay US $ 6000.00 (or
equivalent in Rupees) at the time of admission in 1st Professional and US $ 2000.00 (or equivalent in Rupees) at the beginning of subsequent Professionals including Professionals repeated. Unfilled seats of NRl quota will he transferred to payment seats. Eligibility in this category will be subject to the following -
- The sponsoring NRl or NRI candidate must be resident abroad for not less than 10 years.
- 50% marks in PVT is compulsary for NRI sponsored candidate.
- Admission of Women's category : Over and above the sanctioned 60 seats 15% i.e. 9 seats are available in this category.
The seats will be filled by payment category as given in clause (b).
- Admission of University employee's wards category : Over and above the sanctioned 60 seats 5% i.e. 3 seats are availablein this category. The seats will be filled in the payment category as given in clause (b). 50% concession for class III and IV employees of this University is allowed in the payment fee i.e. Rs. 1,00.000.00 (Rupees One Lac) at the time of admission and Rs. 20,000.00 for subsequent professional years in addition to normal fees. Only spouse/children of regular UPPDDUV University employee are eligible for this category.
- Admission of State Govt. nominee's category : Over and above the sanctioned 60 seats 3% i.e. 2 seats are available in this category. The seats will be filled by payment category as given in clause (b). The nominee should be nominated only through Secretary, Animal Husbandry Department, Uttar Pradesh Goverment. Only those nominated candidates, who secure 50% (For SC/ST 40%) marks in PVT - 2007 shall be eligible for admission under in this sub-category.
Vertical (Main category) :
*Note :- In Physically handicapped sub category, A candidate shall not be allowed admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course
- 1. Scheduled Castes 21% (SC) Reservation to the following sub-categories is available as given below :
- 2. Scheduled Tribes 2% (ST) (a) Children of U.P Freedom Fighters - One seat
- 3. Other Backward Classes (b) Children of Defence Persons 27% (OBC) (Armed Forces) - One Seat
- 4. General 50% (GN) *(c) Physically Handicapped - One Seat
The candidates claiming for any of the above reservation benefits shall have to submit the concerned/related certificate issued only by the competent authority at the time of counselling.
including those admitted under 15% reserved quota of Veterinary Council of India if he/she suffers disability in physical fitness as listed below :
(a) Disability of total body including disability of chest/spine more than 50%
(b) Disability of lower limb of more than 50%
(c) Disability of Upper limb
(d) Visually handicapped candidates and those with hearing disability.
(e) Candidates with progressive disease like myopathies etc.
(f) Disability which otherwise would interfere in the performance of the duties of a veterinarian.
The disability will be certified by a medical board constituted by Registrar of the University in consultation with Chief Medical Officer of Mathura District, comprising of at least three specialists out of which two should be of speciality concerned and the
candidate has to present him/herself before the medical board. The fee of the medical board will be borne by the candidate.
10. Question Paper (Question booklet) :
For admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. question paper of both Preliminary & Main Examinations shall be of three-hour duration and shall consist of one question paper with 200 questions carrying 600 marks. Question paper will be set in English & Hindi. Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer. There shall be negative marking and one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect answer and will be negatively marked.
The questions shall be framed from all the subjects and the weightage given to each subject will be as follows :
Physics : 50 Botany : 50
Chemistry : 50 Zoology : 50
Syllabus : The syllabus for the P.V.T. will be as that of Intermediate of U.P. Board/Equivalent.
11. Answer Sheet :
The answer sheet (OMR) will be provided with the Test Booklet.
The specimen copy of the answer sheet, which will be provided with the Test-Booklet is given at Annexure-1 (all particulars are given at side No. 1 and Side No. 2 of the Answer sheet). Candidates are advised to go through it and be fully conversant with the requirement of given particulars and marking the answers so that in the examination hall they could do so without any difficulty.
Note : No query regarding filling up of the test-booklets and answer sheets will be entertained in the Examination - Hall.
The answer sheet used will be of special type, which will be scanned on Optical Scanner. There will be two sides of the Answer Sheet.
Each answer column corresponds to the serial number of questions given in the Test Booklet. With each column, there are four circles bearing numbers 1. 2, 3. and 4, which correspond to the four responses, one of which is correct or most appropriate.
Writing of Answers or Responses :
There will be four alternative answers for each of the question numbering from 01 to 200. The candidate will indicate his/her response to the question by completely darkening the appropriate circle with HB Pencil. For example question No.55 in the Test
Booklet reads as below :
55. College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry of the Uttar Pradesh Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidvalaya is located at :
(1) Lucknow (2) Mathura (3) Etawah (4) Kanpur The correct response to this question is (2) i.e. Mathura. The candidate will locate question No. 55 in the answer sheet and darken the circle (2) as shown below :
1 2 3 4
If the candidate does not want to attempt any question, he/she should not mark (darken) any of the circles given against that question. The candidate must ensure that the answer sheet is not folded. He/she should not make any stray marks on it as it may discredit him/her during optical scanning for which the candidate would he responsible.
Pen, Eraser and Pencil : If the candidate wants to change any answer on his/her answer sheet, he/she must completely erase the existing pencil mark, and then darken the appropriate circle with HB pencil. Candidate must ensure that he/she does not leave any visible mark after erasing otherwise the response will be treated as wrong and negatively marked.
Example for filling of the OMR Answer Sheet : The detailed instructions for filling of OMR sheet are explained with example at side No. 1 of the answer sheet (Annexure I), which should be read very carefully and thoroughly.
Wrong/Incorrect way of marking : If more than one circle is darkened or if the response is marked in the manner other than required shall be treated as wrong way of marking. A lightly, faintly or partly darkened or otherwise marked circle will be treated as wrong method of marking which will be rejected by the Optical Scanner.
Rough work : The candidate will not do any rough work or writing work on the answer sheet. All rough work is to be done in Test Booklet itself.
12. Procedure to be followed in the Examination Hall :
Method of Selection : The admission shall be made strictly in order of merit cum reservation based on the aggregate marks obtained by the candidate in Entrance Examination.
- 15 minutes before the commencement of the Test, each candidate will be given the Answer Sheet (OMR).
- Immediately on receipt of the OMR Answer Sheet, the candidate will fill in the required particulars on Side No. 1 of the OMRAnswer Sheet (Annexure 1) with Black Ball-Point Pen. Utmost precaution should be taken while filling required circles.
- Use only HB Pencil to darken the appropriate circle on side 2 of the OMR Sheet (Annexure 1). The Roll No. on side No. 2 may be written with black pen.
- The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Admit Card and the Invigilator will make an announcement to this effect.
- After completing the test and before handing over the Test Booklet and the Answer Sheet, the candidate should check again that all the particulars required in the Answer Sheet have been correctly written or filled up. Ensure that the Roll Number on the
Test Booklet series and Answer Sheet are written correctly and the Answer Sheet is duly signed by the candidate and Invigilator.
- A signal will be given at the beginning of the examination and at half time. A signal will also be given before the closing time when the candidate must stop marking the responses.
- Caution for Removal of page(s) from Text Booklet :The candidate will check and ensure that the Test Booklet contains number of pages as written on the top of the first page. Any discrepancy must be reported immediately to the Invigilator. The candidate shall not remove any page(s) from the Test Booklet and if any page(s) is/are found missing from his/her Test Booklet, he/she will be prosecuted against and shall be liable for criminal action.
In case of candidates having obtained equal marks in the Entrance Examination, their inter-se ranking shall be determined on the basis of the following :
Post-graduate Entrance Examination( PGET )
- The aggregate percent of marks obtained by the candidates at the qualifying examination, i.e. 10+2;
- Aggregate of the percent marks obtained in Science Subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology);
- In case of the candidate who has obtained equal marks in the aggregate at the qualifying examinations as well as in ScienceSubjects, and even at other examinations upto High School Examination, the date of birth shall be the basis (i.e. the candidate senior in age would rank higher for selection).
- Applications for M.V.Sc. and Ph.D programmes are invited on All India basis. The applications of employed candidates mustroute through their employer, failing which the same will not be entertained.
- Admission to Post-graduate programmes (M.V.Sc. & Ph.D.) shall be made strictly on the basis of their merit in PG Entrance Test. The PG Entrance Test will be held on 12-08-2007 at University Headquarter, Mathura at 10.00 A.M. The minimum qualifying
marks shall be 50%.
- Availability of seats in M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. programme is given in Table No. 2.
- The candidate must have passed B.V.Sc./ M.V.Sc. on or before the counselling date Documentary evidence is essential. The date of counselling shall be intimated after the test to successful candidates only.
- Mere application by a candidate does not amount to admission in the PG course programme.
- The candidates must not have supplimentary/compartmental in the subject seeking admission.
- The reservation policy of U.P. Govt. will be followed.
Allocation of discipline to M.V.Sc. candidates : The allocation of the discipline to a candidate shall be made at the time of counselling.
Medical Examination : The admission shall be subject to medical fitness certificate from the Medical Officer duly appointed or engaged by the University.
Payment of Fee and other dues : The candidates once allotted a seat in any programme (B.V.Sc & A.H., M.V.Sc., Ph.D.) of the University shall be required to deposit the fees on the date of admission. The selection of a candidate, who does not deposit the fee after allocation of the discipline shall stand cancelled automatically.
Details regarding Question Paper :
l PGET-2007 for admission to M.V.Sc. Programme -
1. Duration for question paper will be of two hours (120 minutes).
2. There will be 200 multiple choice questions with four possible answers of each.
3. The maximum marks of question paper will be 200.
4. The language of question paper shall be English only.
l PGET-2007 for admission to Ph.D. Programme -
1. Duration for question paper will be of one hour (60 minutes).
2. There will be 100 multiple choice questions with four possible answers in question paper.
3. The maximum marks of question paper will be 100.
4. The language of question paper shall be English only.