Ongoing Research Work in the Department:
- A study on milk proteome and biochemical analysis of milk and blood of mastitic and healthy Sahiwal cows.
- Studies on Influence of certain blood adipokines and their genetic polymorphism on lactation of sahiwal cows
- Studies on circulating Leptin level, polymorphism of LEP and LEPR genes in hariana cows.
Ongoing Research Project in the department:
Association of bovine leptin gene polymorphism with production and reproduction traits in primiparous dairy cows.
Research paper published in National or International Journals in 2014:
- Vijay Pandey, Rajesh Nigam, Atul Saxena, Pawanjit Singh, Ambika Sharma, D K Swain, and Lokesh Sharma (2014). Seasonal variations in biochemical attributes of Haryana Bull Semen. Ruminant Science 3(1):19-24
- Dhirendra Singh, Rajesh Nigam, Vijay Pandey and Pawanjit Singh (2014). Influence of Andrographis paniculata supplementation on lipid and vitamin metabolism in stress induced rats. Veterinary Practitioner 15 (1): 84-85.
- Vijay Pandey, Rajesh Nigam, Pawanjit Singh, Ambika Sharma, Atul Saxena, Dilip Kumar Swain, Lokesh Sharma and Shilpi Dixit (2014). Influence of Season on Biochemical Attributes of Bhadawari Buffalo Bull Semen: Effect of Temperature and Humidity. Journal of Animal Research 4(2):201-209.
- Shailaza Sharma, Rajesh Nigam, Vijay Pandey, SS Ghuman and Pawanjit Singh (2014). Circulating levels of estradiol-17β and progesterone vis a vis nitric oxide (NO) and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) at and around estrus in cycling buffaloes. Journal of Applied Animal Research. DOI: 10.1080/09712119.2014.963090.
- Pawanjit Singh, Rajesh Nigam and Sanjiv Kumar (2013). Antioxidant effect of vitamin E and selenium supplementation in Hariana calves. Veterinary Practitioner 14 (2) Suppe. 1: 471-472.