ABOUT IQAC DUVASU
Importance of quality and quality assurance is essential in higher education institutions which should be imbibed in the basic ethos of an institution. Quality assurance is a dynamic paradigm of academic and administrative management. The fast transforming educational system necessitates establishment of a formal and effective mechanism for approval, periodic review, monitoring, evaluation and assessment of quality of the educational programmes in higher education institutions. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) envisages to establish Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) for accreditation of higher institution of learning.
The quality assurance activities are not just limited to collecting data; rather it is also expected to analyze the data for enhancing quality, providing accountability, establishing stakeholder confidence and creating trust in the institution’s performance. Since quality assurance is a continuous process, IQAC is now becoming a central theme in Higher Education, for working towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
IQAC is expected to fulfill the following objectives:
- To develop and implement a strategy for conscious, consistent and continuous enhancement of academic standard and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture, accountability and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC shall evolve the mechanisms and procedures for ensuring
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning and the credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services for Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- The ways and means to prioritize need based research and extension activities for the local population.
The IQAC shall have the following functions:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of DUVASU.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of DUVASU.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Development of Quality Culture in DUVASU.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Any other assignment by the Vice-Chancellor.
The IQAC shall submit the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University duly approved by statutory bodies of the University to NAAC regularly. The functional Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and timely submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) are the Minimum Institutional Requirements (MIR) to volunteer for second, third or subsequent cycles accreditation.
The IQAC shall create its exclusive window on the official website of University and regularly upload its activities and the AQAR.
|IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance cell)|
1.Prof. Sharad Kumar Yadav, Prof. Microbiology
2.Prof. Sarvjeet Yadav, Prof. Vety. Physiology
3.Prof. R.P. Pandey, Prof. Vety. Surgery
4.Prof. Ajay Prakash, Prof. Vety. Anatomy
5.Prof. Atul Saxena, Prof. Vety. Gynaecology
6.Prof. Vikas Pathak, Prof. LPT
7.Prof. Rashmi Singh, Prof. Vety, Microbiology
8.Prof. Sanjeev Kumar Singh, Prof. Extension
9.Prof. Vinod Kumar, Prof. Animal Nutrition
|Senior Administrative officers|
|Dr Brijesh Yadav, Associate Professor, Vety. Physiology||Coordinator|
|1.Dr Anoop Kalra, Executive Director, Corporate Sector, Ayurvet , New Delhi|
|2. Dr Shiv Prashad Kimothi, Member (AS) ASRB, New Delhi|