University was established by U.P Govt. in 2001 with basic objective of importing quality education in veterinary and allied sciences, undertake need based and basic research, integrated education and research and offer efficient extension and advisory services.
- Produce competent and skilled human resources who are socially sensitive and responsible professional in the field of animal health, production and allied sectors.
- Undertake region-based, need-based, and basic research for improving animal health and productivity by adapting modern technology including value addition.
- Validate Indigenous Traditional Knowledge (ITK) on scientific basis.
- Provide efficient extension services at the door step of poor and marginal farmers and livestock owners and motivating them to adopt animal husbandry, poultry, fishery and related vocations as an engine of economic growth and social empowerment.
- Empower women to become,” Knowledgeable Livestock Stakeholder” giving them economic identity.
- Interface industry and stakeholder in the newer perspective of open global market.
- Ensure enhanced production from rural and urban livestock through effective diseases surveillance and diagnosis, health care, vaccination and production programs.
- University is the premier veterinary and animal science Institution and is known for its quality, education and research on various aspects of animal health and production including disease diagnosis providing advisory and extension services through scientific knowledge and expertise.
- Strengthening hands on training to students with special emphasis on capacity building,
- Providing opportunity to faculty and staff to improve their scientific and working capacity and capability to make the university vibrant organization.
- Undertaking need based applied and basic research in strategic and emerging areas of animal health and production.
- Bringing livestock owners, buy poor and marginal farmers and rural women to the center of Technology Information system and categories them for continuous improvement in production and productivity of their livestock and economy.
- Collaborate with state agriculture and animal husbandry functionaries, Indian council of agriculture research institute related to animal health and production, Livestock industry and NGO’s in an attempt to develop resurgent, sustainable profit-oriented, market based production system for livestock, poultry fishery and allied sectors.