- Produce competent and skilled human resources who are socially sensitive and responsible professional in the field of animal health, production and allied sectors.
- Undertake region-based, need-based, and basic research for improving animal health and productivity by adapting modern technology including value addition.
- Validate Indigenous Traditional Knowledge (ITK) on scientific basis.
- Provide efficient extension services at the door step of poor and marginal farmers and livestock owners and motivating them to adopt animal husbandry, poultry, fishery and related vocations as an engine of economic growth and social empowerment.
- Empower women to become,” Knowledgeable Livestock Stakeholder” giving them economic identity.
- Interface industry and stakeholder in the newer perspective of open global market.
- Ensure enhanced production from rural and urban livestock through effective diseases surveillance and diagnosis, health care, vaccination and production programs.