- To revamp teaching programmers and “Teaching Methodologies”, set up e-learning class-rooms, introduce net-based “virtual class-rooms” and promote e-teaching and learning;
- To set up “State of the Art” Instructional Livestock Farms, Demonstration Units, Veterinary Clinical Complex, Disease Investigation and Research Laboratories;.
- To achieve at least 15 per cent increase per annum in the number of University graduate and postgraduate students qualifying for national competitive examinations;
- To produce competent and skilled clinicians, entrepreneurs and livestock business managers and team leaders;
- Faculty up-gradation, filling vacant teaching posts and creating faculty positions in newer proposed faculties in the University;
- Encourage faculty members to garner more financial assistance from outside agencies through externally funded research projects and support at least one University funded research project in each department to give impetus to research;
- As per University Act, to obtain state support for generating trained and competent human resource in fisheries, biotechnology, livestock products technologies and industry and business management through designated colleges/faculties; and
- To augment University receipts.